Mezcal: Mexico in a Bottle San Francisco 2016 in glorious photos
It’s a wrap! Sunday’s Mezcal: Mexico in a Bottle is officially in the books as an unmitigated success. Thanks to everyone who attended, our ticket buyers had a fantastic time and everyone who presented, poured, cooked, imbibed told us they loved it and can’t wait to come back. Extra special thanks to Michael Skrzypek for taking the photos that you’ll see below because they really bring the entire tasting alive in ways that words fail.
Just to lay out the basic and highlights:
- 39 brands serving an amazing variety of mezcals.
- Ten restaurants – ABV, Ichi Sushi, Uno Dos Tacos, Cala, LV Mar, Tamarindo, Coolinaria, Calavera, El Techo Lolinda, Loló, and Beretta.
- Cocktail sips featuring Wahaka Mezcal, Vida Mezcal, Don Amado, Amarás, Ilegal, Montelobos, and Marca Negra Mezcal
- A fantastic Tiendita featuring Michoacan crafts from Mexico by Hand, Oaxacan crafts from the Zocalo Collective, and hand made jewelry from Ojo Amulets.
- A curated blind tasting of agave spirits by Christian Arizmendi.
- A cocktail tasting and deep dive into the mezcal world by Jay Schroeder whose Mezcaleria Las Flores was just named Bar of the Year by Eater Chicago.
- Topo Chico brought the awesome mineral water.
- Healthy Spirits allowed everyone to purchase bottle commitments.
A very hearty thank you to the brands, restaurants, and volunteers who make Mezcal: Mexico in a Bottle possible. And a very special thank you to our friends at Public Works who make the event operate so seamlessly. Salud!