- Location: San Bernardo Mixtepec, Oaxaca
- Agave: Mexicano / Agave rhodacantha
- Maestro Palenquero: José Alberto Pablo
- Quantity: 100 liters / 133 bottles
- Vintage: January 2021
- Batch: JAME0422
- ABV: 49.2%
- Tasting keywords: Leather, honey
- NOM: NA uncertified agave spirit.
- Available in Texas.
Wet leather, honey.
What you smell is what you get. This is full of an elegant honeyed sweetness with leather and clove. It has a light body with a nice, effervescent charge.
- Agave sources: Cultivated Mexicano from Zimatlán de Alvarez, Oaxaca.
- Roast: Roast: Roasted underground for 3-5 days in river rock lined ovens.
- Crush: Hand mashed with mallets (mazos) in a hollowed out tree trunk (canoa).
- Fermentation: Fermented for 3-5 days in half-buried 90 liter clay pots.
- Distillation: Twice distilled in 60 liter clay pots.
Read my Creador profile for more on José Alberto and the Creador project.