- Location: San Bernardo Mixtepec, Oaxaca
- Agave: Barril / Agave karwinskii
- Maestro Palenquero: José Alberto Pablo
- Quantity: 100 liters / 133 bottles
- Vintage: February 2021
- Batch: JABA0422
- ABV: 48.2%
- Tasting keywords: Sandalwood, vanilla, honey.
- NOM: NA uncertified agave spirit.
- Available in Texas.
Rich and warm sandalwood and vanilla with a fruity background.
This is an example of just how different Karwinskiis can be. It is lean and reedy but also honeyed and creamy with highlights of vanilla and clove.
- Agave sources: Wild harvested from Sola de Vega.
- Roast: Roast: Roasted underground for 3-5 days in river rock lined ovens.
- Crush: Hand mashed with mallets (mazos) in a hollowed out tree trunk (canoa).
- Fermentation: Fermented for 3-5 days in half-buried 90 liter clay pots.
- Distillation: Twice distilled in 60 liter clay pots.
Read my Creador profile for more on José Alberto and the Creador project.