- Location: San Bernardo Mixtepec, Oaxaca
- Agave: Jabalí / Agave convallis
- Maestro Palenquero: José Alberto Pablo
- Quantity: 100 liters / 133 bottles
- Vintage: April 2021
- Batch: JAJA0422
- ABV: 48.2%
- Tasting keywords: Lactic, woody, fruity.
- NOM: NA uncertified agave spirit.
- Available in Texas.
Lactic and pine.
This is a really restrained Jabalí with a touch of pine, crisp Fuyu persimmon and highlights of white pepper and clay.
- Agave sources: 12-14 year old wild Jabalí harvested near Sola de Vega.
- Roast: Roasted underground for 3-5 days in river rock lined oven.
- Crush: Hand mashed with mallets (mazos) in a hollowed out tree trunk (canoa).
- Fermentation: Fermented for 3-5 days in half-buried 90 liter clay pots.
- Distillation: Twice distilled in 60 liter clay pots.
Read my Creador profile for more on José Alberto and the Creador project.