- Location: Xochipala, Oaxaca
- Agave: Papalote / Agave cupreata
- Maestro Mezcalero: Ramiro Carreto
- ABV: 47%
- NOM 70 Classification: Mezcal Artesanal
- Tasting keywords: Rich sugars, effervescent sensation.
- Buy it today
Rich simple syrup bubbling on the stove
The Entre Maguey Papalote has that magical quality of so many Cupreatas. It unites the sparkling mineral brightness with a grounded sweetness. It’s such a fundamental experience in mezcal: A contrast and sublimation of ideas to the whole without cloying. A menthol halo finishes it all off.
- Agave sources: Semi-wild cupreata.
- Roast: Underground stone oven
- Crush: Tahona
- Fermentation: In wood tinas.
- Distillation: Twice distilled in copper alembic stills.
Leave a Comment