- Location: Santa Catarina Albarradas, Oaxaca
- Agave: Sierra Negra / A. americana
- Maestro Mezcalero: Alberto Martinez Lopez
- Quantity: 143 liters, July 2019
- ABV: 48.5%
- Batch: SN11-19
- Tasting keywords: Roast agave, hot pepper, mineral.
- NOM: Uncertified
- Buy it today
A really clean cut of clay that comes across as brilliantly fresh.
Powerful and deep roast agave flavor with sparkling filigree and a spicy bite on the tail.
- Agave sources: Cultivated Sierra Negra 12-15 years old.
- Roast: Roasted in earthen oven with encino oak for one week.
- Crush: Hand mashed with wooden mallets.
- Fermentation: Wild fermentation in stone tanks started with tepehuaje bark.
- Distillation: Mash and tepache double distilled in clay pot stills.