- Location: San Luis Amatlán, Oaxaca
- Agave: Bicuixe / A. karwinskii
- Maestro Mezcalero: Diego Lucas García
- ABV: 49.1%
- Tasting keywords: Wood, herbal, granite.
- Buy it today
This is a fever dream of roasted agave, pine, and wet granite.
Others said “dried fruit,” “apricots,” and “pineapple.”
Intensely herbal meets a wall of wet granite with some lingering sweetness. Rich, full, and wide.
- Agave sources: Semi-cultivated 9-12 year old agave.
- Roast: Conical underground oven.
- Crush: Wooden mallet.
- Fermentation: Wild native yeasts.
- Distillation: Copper with refrescadera.
Method / Background Notes
Harvested during first full moon of January and distilled in February.