- Location: Las Margaritas, Oaxaca
- Agave: Espadín / A. angustifolia haw.
- Maestro Mezcalero: Petronilo Rosario Altamirano
- Quantity: 1332 bottles
- Batch: Lot DBEP03/22
- Vintage: April/May, 2022
- ABV: 45%
- Tasting keywords: Roast agave, sugar.
- NOM: NOM-070
- NOM 70 Classification: Mezcal Artesanal
- Buy it today
Full throated roast agave.
As earnest Oaxacan mezcal bursting with roasted agave flavor and bright highlights.
- Agave sources: Semi-cultivated along with milpa vegetables.
- Roast: Underground in conical oven.
- Crush: Stone tahona.
- Fermentation: Wooden vats.
- Distillation: Double distilled in copper alembic stills.
While writing these tasting notes the compunction is to find descriptors for everything but occasionally I run into a mezcal like Dos Boots which is a fantastic session mezcal that would be great any time. I could try really hard to pin down each and ever aroma and flavor in it but this bottle is all about the forthright mezcal experience of big roast agave flavors and that magical sparkling sensation that defines so many of the mezcals from Oaxaca.
Leave a Comment