- Location: Santiago Matatlán, Oaxaca
- Agave: Espadín / A. angustifolia haw.
- Maestro Mezcalero: Juan Hernández Santiago
- Quantity: 2,340 bottles
- Vintage: 08/2016
- Batch: 021-MF
- ABV: 45%
- Tasting keywords: Cane sugar, lemon zest,
- NOM: O387X
- NOM 070 Classification: Mezcal Artesanal
Rich, round agave sugars with highlights of lemon zest, fresh cut grass, and cilantro.
An expressively mellow bottle full of rich Matatlán sugars and filigree of mesquite and avocado leaf. I’d love to spend a long afternoon sharing this bottle with someone in a Oaxacan patio.
- Agave sources: The agaves in the Aguas Mansas Espadín were caponed.
- Roast: Roasted underground in conical oven
- Crush: Milled with a tahona
- Fermentation: Fermented in wood
- Distillation: Double distilled in a copper alembic still