June might go down on record as the fastest month ever, though when we think of how the month began and where we are today, it feels like a lifetime. In the midst of all of the turmoil of the United States confronting the legacy of racism and the resurgence of Coronavirus, we carved out space for some very interesting conversations about the world of mezcal. If you were not able to join us live, below please find links to the recorded talks.
- June 1 – Update from Oaxaca with Asis Cortes of Origen Raiz and Dixeebe, Sandra Ortiz of InSitu and Eduardo Belanzauran of Wahaka Mezcal and Global Brand Ambassador for the CRM.
- June 8 – The history of mezcal production in Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas with Luis Loya of Amormata/Nacion de las Verdes Matas and Hugo Gonzalez of Spine and Vine.
- June 15 – Developing sustainability programs with Egor Polanskiy of Tequila Patrón and Luis Niño de Rivera of Mezcal Amores/Amarás.
- June 22 – Behind the Bar with Zule Arias of Mezonte talking traditional mezcal.
- June 29 – The social contract with Gabe Bonfanti and Misty Kalkofen of Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal.
We are taking a bit of a pause in July