- Location: Santiago Matatlán, Oaxaca
- Agave: Wild Cirial / A. karwinksii
- Maestro Mezcalero: Celso Martínez López
- Quantity: 1,333 bottles
- ABV: 48.5%
- Tasting keywords: Sage, orange peel, mineral.
- NOM: O349X
- NOM 70 Classification: Mezcal Artesanal
- Buy it today
Dried sage and orange blossoms.
This is a bottle marked by tremendous nuance and balance. It begins sweet and rich like a flashing “welcome home” sign which is remarkable for a Cirial. But then it takes on a more mature and nuanced ride through sparkling minerals with a crisp finish.
Method/ Background notes
Like all Mezcal Nacional bottles this one is named for an important date in Mexican history. In contrast to some other bottles the 1937 this one is named for is in reference to a truly positive event in Mexican history, the beginning of Mexico’s drive to electrify the country.
Leave a Comment