Introducing our third annual Mezcal Holiday Gift Guide to help make your holidays as mezcalicious as possible! Once again we’ve selected items that make for great and unique gifts for your mezcal loving family and friends.
Exclusives and Limited Editions
What a year for incredible new mezcals coming into the market – there is literally something for everyone no matter where they are on their mezcal journey. There are some terrific exclusive batches like this Cinco Sentidos Papalote from Old Town Tequila in San Diego, a La Luna Chino Bruto Distilled con Mamey, Fresas & Hoja de Tigre from Moreno’s Liquors (email or call for details on ordering) in Chicago.
Be sure to check out our special Mezcalistas Producers Gift Set with Old Town Tequila which includes three bottles from producer owned brands Geu Beez, Hacienda Oponguio and Los Ocotales.
And for a truly unique holiday gift Bozal knocks it out of the ballpark with this beautiful Mezcal Advent Calendar.
New in the market!
- Hop Mez Mezcal
- La Venenosa Raicilla Tabernas, 3rd Edition
- Mocel Mezcal from Michoacan – Ensamble and Cupreata
- Rezpiral Morenos Ensemble from Berta Vazquez
Mezcal Gift Sets
These perfect gift sets are from Tahona Mercado
- Mezcal Cocktail Kit: $80 Make yourself a beautiful Mezcal and Amaro cocktail with equal parts Verde Momento and Lo-Fi Amaro with 2 Dashes of Bitter Queens Chocolate Walnut Bitters, garnish with a peel of your favorite citrus fruit!
- Tequila and Mezcal Cocktail Kit: $144 Stock your bar cart with two sure to impress cocktail kits, a Mezcal Oaxacan Old Fashioned and Spicy Pineapple Tequila Margarita.
- Mexican state and chocolate pairing: Casa de Chocolates to pair three different chocolates with three different mezcals: Legendario Domingo with Valencia, Derrumbes Mezcal with Pepitas and La Luna with Mole.
- Mexican state sampler: The flight will cover three different states in Mexico who produce mezcal: Oaxaca, San Luis Potosi and Michoacan.
Perfect stocking stuffers (200ml bottles)
- Tuyo creates elegant porcelain designs and is great addition to any table. Subscribe to their newsletter by Thanksgiving to get special discounts for their products.
- Mexico by Hand works with several ceramicists in Michoacan and has a beautiful collection of tabletop items as well as a select number of copitas, including these beauties.
- Mezcal for Life also has a great selection of copitas and we especially love these hand blown glass ones that come in a few different colors.
We have been having a lot of fun recently putting together various mezcal pairings. Here are some great gift ideas for things that pair especially well with mezcal.
- Proyecto Diaz coffee – The Diaz family has been growing coffee in the hills of Oaxaca since the early 19th Century. In addition to selling their family grown beans, Proyecto Diaz also works with other small coffee farmers around Mexico. Their collection of gift packs are perfect for your coffee (and agave) loving friends.
- Chica Salt-E – If you were at our recent Mexico in a Bottle in San Francisco, you may have had a chance to try these artisanal salts inspired by the rich and flavorful culinary culture of Mexico. Rims are homemade in small batches to preserve their complex and bold flavor.
- Masienda – Heirloom corn varieties have never been so accessible or delicious for your tortilla and tamal making needs. Their gift sets are great for novice and expert – from the Nixtamal starter kit to the Masa and Book Bundle and the to die for CORNucopia kit. And, salsas to boot!
- Guelaguetza – Los Angeles’ beloved Oaxacan restaurant. Not only do we love their gift packs like this Mole and Chocolate kit, but the Michelada and Mole starter kit is awesome and makes for a great stocking stuffer. Pro tip – not only can you make an instant michelada on a flight, but the michelada mix also makes a great Bloody Maria with mezcal.
- Don Bugito – Owner Monica Martinez has been spreading the gospel of insect fueled snacks for almost a decade. Her chocolate covered crickets (grown at her own urban farm in Oakland) have turned so many folks on to the power protein of insects. Great snack packs and more!
Introducing the Mezcalistas Loteria shirt series
We are so excited to debut our two new t-shirts this holiday season. Designed by Oaxacan artist and Mezcalistas’ creative director Christina Mariana Garcia, they are a mezcal take on the popular Mexican card and board game Lotería. La Comunidad reminds us that it takes a community to make mezcal. El Besito, or little kiss, is all about that first sip of mezcal on our lips. **Note – any shirts ordered between Nov 28th-Dec 12th will ship on Dec 13th.
Art holds a very special place in our hearts and and makes for great unique and personal gifts. This past year we have had an opportunity to collaborate with several artists through our Art & Vida program with Del Maguey at Mexico in a Bottle. Be sure to check out their work and online stores and support artists!