- Location: Mazatlan, Guerrero
- Agave: Maguey Criollo / A. Angustifolia Rubescens
- Maestro Mezcalero: Hector Obregon
- ABV: 50.2%
- Tasting keywords: Piloncillo, green bell pepper.
- NOM: O117X
- NOM 070 Classification: Mezcal artesanal
- Buy it today
Rich agave, fresh cut mango.
Fresh and light with flavors of green bell pepper and piloncillo. It is full bodied and mouth filling.
Method / Background Notes
The Peloton Criollo is made from an agave known locally as Maguey Criollo. Criollo can be translated as Creole in English and was used the same way in Mexico as in the US, as a racial classification system. It grows wild in Guerrero and is classified as A. Angustifolia Rubescens.
The Peloton Criollo is roasted underground, has a five day spontaneous fermentation in the open air, and is then double distilled, first in a copper alembic, then a Filipino still with a wood hat.