Spirited Conversations are Mezcalistas’ small tasting events where we curate discussions with fascinating people from around the world of mezcal. The atmosphere is intimate so that everyone can fully appreciate the spirits and engage in the conversation.
June 10th, NYC: Does Big Mezcal=Bad? Looking Beyond Oaxaca with Tess Rose Lampert, Arik Torren of Fidencio, Danny Mena of Mezcales de Leyenda and Kaj Hackinen of Back Bar Project.
- Emma Janzen, Moderator. Panelists Gilbert Marquez of Ilegal Mezcal, Lou Bank of SACRED and Jay Schroeder of Todos Santos/author of Understanding Mezcal (2019, Chicago) discussed Does Big Mezcal Equal Bad at the National Museum of Mexican Art in Chicago, IL April 29th, 2019
- Susan Coss talked about the California/Mexico Paradox Told Through Agave Spirits at the California Historical Society December, 2018
- Max Garrone discussed Desert Terroir at the Academy of Science in San Francisco, CA November 2018
- Susan Coss discussed espadin’s terroir at Mateo’s in Healdsburg, CA October 6, 2017
- Wahaka’s Eduardo Belaunzarán on NOM 70 at Oyamel in Washington, D.C. April 30, 2017
- Susan Coss and Rion Toal from Maestros del Mezcal at Cantina Alley in Sacramento, CA April 3, 2017
- Raza Zaidi, Susan Coss, Judah Kuper, and Ivan Saldaña discussing “What we talk about when we talk about sustainability” at La Urbana in San Francisco, CA November 12, 2016
- Max Garrone, Susan Coss, and Irais Monroy introduce the variety of Bruxo expressions at La Urbana in San Francisco, CA September 23, 2015
- Max Garrone, Raza Zaidi, and Elisandro Gonzalez at the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, CA. May 5, 2016